This is an overview and demonstration of various effective self-protection options. Realistic scenarios are discussed, including the audio of an actual 911 call. Corporations, civic groups, health clubs, and women's clubs all make great audiences for this presentation.
During this course, you will:
- Learn about boundary setting, with body and voice
- Learn to say "No!"
- Learn about the continuum of force (how effective responses must be matched to the level of threat)
- Understand a range of self-protection options
- Learn sources of additional training
- Have a chance to have your questions about self-protection answered
Class duration: 2 hours (can be lengthened or shortened to meet special requirements)
Cost: Free for groups of 10 or more. AWARE offers this class as a public service to the community.
Prerequisite courses: None
What graduates say...
"It helped prepare me for 'what if' situations so I know what I would do."
"Gained a much greater understanding of how to avoid high risk situations and how to defend yourself when faced with an assault by a larger, stronger opponent."
"Instructors were very helpful and realistic with their demonstrations."
"The program was riveting from start to end."
Course Schedule and Registration: These presentations are scheduled on an individual basis. Please contact AWARE to discuss arrangements for your organization.